Valentine's Day is a popular holiday, symbolizing love, caring, and desire. Many people like to celebrate by exchanging gifts that offer lasting memories of the special day. At the Little Red Barn Door in Geneva, owner Sylvia Torres is excited to offer a wide variety of adorable and delicious gifts for Valentine's Day. Here are five of her favorites:
1. Valentine Gnomes. "Just like our Christmas-themed gnomes, these have been extremely popular with our customers," said Torres. "They're handmade by one of our favorite vendors, a very creative woman in Indiana. The colors and designs are perfect for Valentine's Day."
2. Journals and paper products. "Other hot sellers have been our journals and thin handmade papers with quotes on them," added Torres. "Some items are heart-shaped; all are very cute and inexpensive."
3. Sweetiebirds. "We have a mother/daughter team in Utah that creates adorable little Valentine-themed birds with metal feet to help them stand," said Torres. "When they're positioned by our red and white tic-tac-toe board or wooden letters that spell 'LOVE', it creates a beautiful little vignette."
4. Wall art. The Little Red Barn Door also offers paintings and other wall art options to help you decorate for Valentine's Day. "We have an adorable painting of an old-fashioned truck with hearts bursting out of the bed in back," Torres explained. "It's very unique, and could actually be hung year-round, not just for Valentine's Day."
5. Mother Wilma's marshmallows. "These are a runaway favorite in our shop," added Torres. "We have Valentine-themed cocoa kits with marshmallows, along with amazing flavors of regular handmade marshmallows including peanut butter, raspberry swirl, and red velvet. We also have heart-shaped marshmallow pops covered in chocolate, some with sprinkles or other toppings. They look like suckers, and you can make a bouquet out of them." For more information, please contact:
227 S. Third Street, Suite 205