These are Sugar Grove police reports obtained after filing a Freedom of Information Act request:
• Maxwell R. Meyers, 17, of the 2900 block of Old Glory Drive, Yorkville, was charged Oct. 2 with speeding more than 35 miles an hour over the speed limit. According to the police report, Meyers was traveling at 96 miles an hour inside the westbound lane of Route 56 in a 55-mile-an-hour zone.
• Andrew J. Rising, 33, of the 0N300 block of Watson Road, Maple Park, was charged Sept. 29 with driving without a registration, failure to signal when changing lanes, driving with a suspended license and unlawful possession of marijuana by a driver. Rising was also wanted on a warrant from Kendall County for failure to appear in court on charges of drug paraphernalia possession, the report stated. Police found eight folds of aluminum foil that field tested positive for heroin. He was transferred to Kendall County jail. Police will seek a warrant once lab results of the suspected heroin are completed, the report stated.
• A laptop computer valued at $1,500 was reported stolen Sept. 28 from a car parked in the 1300 block of Dorr Drive.
• An unknown woman left Walgreens, 378 N. Sugar Grove Parkway on Sept. 26 without paying for a bag of items valued at $59.98. According to the report, the woman attempted to pay with a credit card that was declined three times, and after the third time, she just walked out with her items and left in a silver sedan.
• Items valued at $1,704 were reported stolen Sept. 10 from a storage locker at Space Center Storage, 1975 Bucktail Lane.
• Two people were seen in a video surveillance system on Sept. 6 in the 600 block of Cherry Street carrying a yard sign stating “Trump Pence Make America Great 2020.” Other neighbors also reported their signs were stolen.
• A resident of the 700 block of Ridgeview Lane reported Sept. 5 that his video surveillance system showed a man with a ninja on his shirt and carrying a pillowcase attempting to open the doors of his vehicle.
• A Sleeping Time Baby Gift Set valued at $12.99 and other unknown items were reported stolen Aug. 29 from Walgreens, 376 N. Sugar Grove Parkway, by two women. According to the report, one woman came into the store with an empty bag and left with it full.
• A rented yard sign to celebrate a child’s 12th birthday had attached items reported stolen Aug. 29 from a yard in the 200 block of Exeter Lane. The resident did not know the value of the items taken, as she would have to contact the sign company.