Over the past few years, more people have become aware of the necessity of planning for future long-term health care.
American families have experienced the financial costs and burdens of an aging loved one including the issues that can devastate savings and income.
However, people listen to financial advice from uninformed friends and coworkers who think it is crazy to purchase Long-Term Care Insurance.
“I have clients who said their friends think they are crazy for buying an affordable LTC policy in their 40s or 50s,” said Matt McCann, a nationally known expert on Long-Term Care Insurance and planning. “Most of my clients are in that age group because policies are very affordable, and an individual’s health is generally good. From a planning standpoint, it is the best time to plan,”
The problem, McCann says, is too many people are unaware of the facts.
- Health Insurance, including Medicare and supplements, will not pay for custodial care, which most people require at some point. Insurance only pays for a very limited about of skilled care services. Only Long-Term Care Insurance will pay for all types of care.
- The guaranteed tax-free benefits will pay for your choice of quality care in your home or facility, including assisted living.
- Family members and spouses face tremendous challenges attempting to be caregivers. There are physical, emotional, and financial burdens placed on the caregiver as they have their own jobs, families, and health issues.
- The cost of care is expensive and adversely impacts future income, lifestyle, and legacy.
- Long-Term Care Insurance is easy and affordable asset protection, especially if purchased while you are still working before retirement.
- Health can change without notice. You must have reasonably good health to qualify for coverage.
“No question, you should address long-term care planning before you get older and start having significant health issues. Crazy? No way. Maybe crazy smart,” McCann added.
McCann has been helping consumers since 1998. Licensed in every state and the District of Columbia, he assists clients virtually, so they become educated and understand their options in a pressure-free and safe environment.
His unique process allows an individual or family to view his computer screen on their own screen remotely while speaking on the phone. He represents major insurance companies and a wide variety of available and affordable products, including partnership, hybrid, critical care, and short-term plans.
He recommends reviewing the current and future cost of care services where you live with this convenient calculator: https://www.ltcnews.com/resources/states. McCann’s website has many resources, as well.
McCann Insurance Services: 866.751.7957: www.mccannltc.net